
(another deviation of mine based on my favorite FF7-Square Enix character Reno)
He was a Turk.
So from the begining that meant trouble.
The hotel room where the company accomodated us for the night was rather small, two separated beds, a dark shaded wooden table near the door and a large window in the opposite side, at the head of the beds.
He chose the one to the left side of the window, I had no choice but to take the right one.
I hated him even for that.
It’s kind of difficult for me to sleep on my right side, strange thing it gave me nightmares. I was used on my left, but I had to keep an eye on him no matter the circumstances.
He was not to be trusted, not even now that we supposted to be partners, to work together on this mission which the company assigned it to the both of us. They could have had two separated rooms at least, but with the whole crisis ShinRa was going through, I supposed there we were, sharing the one damn room.
He looked at me, faking casualty, and put his EMR on the table near the door. I leaned my sword at the wall on the other side of the same door, closer to my bed.
He didn’t turn the lights on, but the room was bright enough so we could see each other well.
The tension was floating in the air as he took off his black jacket and put it on top of his weapon never loosing sight of me. A bottle of dark rum leaving its way through one of its pockets. When the hell did he get that?
His white shirt, half unbottoned as usual, reveling his nice fitted upper side of his chest in the weak yellow light coming from the street outside, made me frown a little bit.
I stood and moved forward grining wickedly and shuting the door bolt in one quik-nimble move as I reached it.
He blinked once.
I took off my boots and let them drop on the cracked floor, near my bed.
He laid in his sheets. I did the same.
Silence was heavily setting between the two of us as we did nothing nor spoke to each other.
We just laid there, shortening only by our glares the relative distance between our two separated beds, trying to get some rest.
We kept our clothes on as we always did when on a mission.
I didn’t know his orders and he didn’t know about mine. But we were sent on this mission together.
The air was getting hot inside the small room and by the look on his face I knew he felt cold and I was slightly shivering.
He had a knife under his pillow.
I had a gun under mine.
So, how could we sleep while our beds were burning?
I closed my eyes shortly in a long blinking. He had never closed his. And, by the time I was to open them again, I felt a warm brize through my face, that smell of rum and smoke.
His firm arm was suddenly on the back of my waist pulling me up lightly towards him. I stared my eyes into his deep blue ones as he was now painfully close to my face. A soft sigh, more like a grumble of sorrow, came out of his mouth as he pressed his lips against mine.
I was waiting for this moment for a long time now. Still, he took me by surprise.
I put my left hand fingers through his spiked red locks and pulled him more into myself, while my right hand moved slowly under my pillow and found the touch of my cold full-loaded gun.
He exhaled.
I inhaled.
His breath speeded.
Mine too.
It was now or never.
I moved my hand under the pillow when I felt a sharp blade on my wrist: the knife in his left hand under my pillow too.
- Don’t make a mess. He wisppered brushing my now trambling lips.
- Don’t worry. You won’t have the time to see it. I said in an absolutely non convincing tone of voice.
I shuddered, but his tongue was already making its way inside my slightly opened mouth.
------------
Back at the ShinRa headquarters,Tzeng was standing in front of Rufus’ desk.
- Sir, are you sure that is going to work? They are both very...
- That’s exactly the point. They will kill each other or they will finally get toghether, for I had so enough of it!
- So, that was their mission afterall....
-------------
A slip of a knife, a shout of a gun...
They never came.
did you write this? :O it's soo good
RăspundețiȘtergereThanks, hi hi :D Yes I did, I'm glad you like it
RăspundețiȘtergere