Cloud Strife - ex SOLDIER and a hero, AVALANCHE member
Tifa Lockheart - owner of the bar and Cloud's girlfriend, AVALANCHE member
Reno - elite member of the TURKS, second in command
Rude - elite member of the TURKS, Reno's partner
Vincent Valentine - friend of Cloud and Tifa, very misterious and cold, AVALANCHE member
Zack - the dead best friend of Cloud, SOLDIER 1st Class
ShinRa - the company that guverned the planet and supplies everyone with mako energy
- included the TURKS and the SOLDIER mercenaries, also Hojo, the mad scientist
(all the characters belong to Square Enix, but me)
place: Tifa's bar

I was sitting at the window table in front of Tifa, with my head between my cold hands, sobbing my heart out of an almost physical pain.
Tifa was my best friend, she always was able to understand exactly what I was trying to say even when I couldn’t express my inner self into logical words. And when it comes to feelings, they come with strength or not at all. I mean, what the fuck, you feel something or you don’t, right?
However, there I was with my best friend, trying to explain her my real melodrama with the redheaded annoying Turk that I should have fought, not fell in love with. What a fucking shit, “yo”!
- Damn it, you should have seen his face! His eyes, when he was looking straight into mine’s, the sadness in them. And something like disappointment, I don’t know. He was at two meters away from us and, seeing Cloud becoming so protective of me… you know how Cloud could get when he’s overreacting… I guess that broke him or something.
Anyway, the battle we were all in was quite a thing. Those failed experiments of worriers were getting to become too many and Cloud and I were alone there. Also the Turks were, but you know how they are, untrusting and unpredictable. You never know by what side would they turn until the end. We supposed to fight together against those warriors, but something happened and Cloud lost it, big time. I think he had another flashback of how his best friend Zack had died. He was on a killing spree like. Reno was watching me closely, although I didn’t really needed him and that was certainly not his job. You know, he sometimes has that worried look in his eyes I don’t know what to do with it… and I don’t do anything… and then the moment’s gone. However, at some point Cloud fought too close to Reno and they kind of come into collision with each other. Now, knowing their history, you can imagine what happened next. But they somehow succeeded in calm themselves down and bring the fight to an end. But the tension still floated in the air. After that terrible battle, I came up slightly hurt at my forehead, and Reno was trying to get closer to me. But you know, being the enemy and shit, Cloud thought he’d wanted to harm me, I suppose.
- Shit, Cloud can be very over protective, believe me, I know! said Tifa. We’ve already been together like from one year now, I mean really together, you know, and he still feels like it’s his duty as a hero to save everyone from everything. (She giggled a little). But he is a good friend, you know...
- Yeah, I do. That’s why I can’t be mad at him. And, nevertheless, how could I ever share with him my reality about Reno? Fuck, only by saying his name makes me shiver. I’m so fucked up. (And then both of us went laughing out loud.)
In that moment the bar door slammed open and Rude (Reno’s partner) came in, not very happy by his looks.
Behind his dark figure, some red shade was starting to form out of the bright light outside, as entering the bar at a low pace, becoming a menace. The RED MENACE!
Fuck, my heart pounded hard. What the fuck was he doing here?
He followed his partner inside the bar just before the door closed by itself behind him. With his head down he was glaring at the cement floor, his face as cold as it.
Rude had spotted me and Tifa sitting at the window table, sipping our drinks, and greeted us by leaning his head forward. Contrary to his redheaded partner, he was a man of very few words...well, at least until he got drunk, anyway. He headed for the bar and silently took a sit in front of Cloud, who was taking Tifa’s place of serving the drinks for today.
- Hey, man, what to drink? said Cloud in a moody but polite voice. He hated the Turks as they were supposed to be like the enemy or something, especially after the various confrontations between ShinRa’s Turks and the Avalanche, a few years ago. Of course the conflicts had been resolved and now it seemed like everything would become ok, working together and stuff.
By the time Rude took his beer, Reno was already inside and lifted his head up towards our table and resting his glance right into my mesmerized eyes. Damn, he was hot! The surprise, and then, the obvious sadness in his deep blue glare made my head dizzy, my heart fucking explode and my right elbow rigidly shifted off the wooden table.
He frowned and I thought I saw a faded grin on the corner of his mouth. Little fucking fox. It also seemed like he was going for a table but he just switched for the bar in time, sitting next to Rude, his back on us.
As I was still apocalyptically mesmerized by his presence , Tifa pushed my other shoulder off the edge of the table and giggled amused:
- Wake up! Now it’s not the time!
I recomposed myself.
The angle he was sitting at the bar, allowed me to see his nice frame. 6 feet tall (1.83m), well balanced, wearing his usual black Turk uniform with a white-grey shirt underneath. It must have been let loose at the first two upper buttons, as usual, though I wasn’t aware of that when he first came in. From the level of his neck, the long red pony-tail was sliding wild over his back, while I was watching with a dribble. I was wondering how he would have looked like without his shirt ....or anything else, of the matter. I must have been loosing my mind!
My revelation suddenly broke with hearing Cloud’s demanding voice over the counter:
- So, Reno?
- Oh, somethin’ strong, yo! Thanks. The RED MENACE said in a low, whispering voice. And no ice, it’s pretty cold here alright! He grinned again.
Jerk!
Not being ironical about it was just not him. I’d rather liked that, it was oddly provocative. I’m so messed up!
- I didn’t ask you about your drink. Cloud responded raising one of his eyebrows.
What are you doing here, “yo”? After last night I thought I made myself very.....
But Tifa was already beside him and stopped what it seemed to become another verbal aggressiveness between the two of them:
- Would you, please stop being so childish about it? There are more important matters to take care of right now. She poured Reno a glass of something, I couldn’t see. And she followed:
- It seems that Vincent found out something pretty strange about Hojo’s some unfinished experiments he wants to carry on with. I’m not very sure, but I think it has to do with the remaining SOLDIERs...
- WHAT!?! Both Cloud and Reno shout out loud at the same time.
You see, as I forgot to tell, Cloud is with SOLDIER, and recently, so am I. SOLDIER is the ultimate fighting force of mercenaries that ShinRa Company had created, but most of them disappeared or rebelled. I am the first female experiment of professor Hojo’s with injecting the alien Jenova’s cells into a human body in order to make it a powerful combat weapon for ShinRa. Or a monster, as some of us would think of it. Me, I think it’s only an improvement of our mortal and vulnerable human bodies. I noticed nothing weird so far, but a strange greater strength and agility out of the ordinary. I believe Hojo is just an old crazy failure of a scientist. But as low as I must think of him, he unquestionably had the power and the resources to create any sort of atrocities it might have cross off his sick mind.
I was starting to worry about it myself.
- Sorry, I hadn’t the chance to tell you this earlier, ‘cause.. well you know why! Tifa whispered to me sheepishly feeling already so bad.
- That’s ok, don’t worry. I said briefly and sit up from my chair, approaching the counter bar myself.
On my way to the bar I took a glance towards my Reno, who, in the heat of the moment, turned to me so fast I couldn’t even perceive it. He wasn’t worried, his face showed the edge of a maddening despair. I almost freaked out at the sight. God, how could he...? Did he....really? ... care so much? About me ... my safety? Fuckin’ shit!!! (who the fuck thought me to use that kind of language, in the first place?)
Only by seeing the terror on his face I realized how big the shit really was. (stop it!).
But he recovered his attitude in an instant. He turned back, facing the bar and for the first time he agreed with Cloud’s expression. But he seemed to have chilled down. Hm, intriguing, the Turk!
I didn’t recall exactly what happened, but Cloud said something like not to worry and that he or we could handle that somehow and not letting ourselves being caught.
- Where the hell is Vincent flying off when you need him the most? Cloud continued and, as if he was suddenly waking up from a dream , he slapped a palm on his forehead and his mako eyes nailed up to Reno’s blue.
The Turks worked for ShinRa, its elite vicious untrusting dogs. If the Turks wanted to find something or someone they would have, especially if that something didn’t want to be found. Reno was a Turk.
- Don’t you dare, dog!!! Cloud hissed at Reno.
- And here we go, again! Tifa sighted.
- Damn it, Strife! I’m so scared! Reno sneered at him with a disgusted grin in the corner of his lips, his hand stretched around his glass. You really lose it, man, yo! And to answer you fuckin’ question.... why the fuck do you think I’m here for? How do you think Vincent “Vampire” Valentine found out about that?
Reno told Vincent? Wow, that’s a first !Ha, ha!
Cloud backed up a little, still very suspicious and said nothing in return.
An uncomfortable silence set down on the bar.
Tifa was looking in Cloud’s eyes, never knowing what to believe. Rude asked for another beer acting like nothing had happened. And I was staring at Reno’s semi profile, as he was half turned towards me, still sited on his bar chair, with his jaw strained, looking down at his drink on the counter. I was still wondering if he truly cared so much.
I saw Tifa getting closer and I opened my mouth:
- Would you, please, pour me some rum? With ice, it’s getting hot in here!
Tifa submitted and I grabbed my new glass in my right hand intending to head over my table at the window.
As I turned right, beside Reno, he silently turned to me too and roughly grabed my wrist of my left hand, strong enough so I kind of spilled half of my precious rum on the bar floor from the sudden stop. He moved so quickly I couldn’t even blink. He was, after all, the fastest of all Turks.
An unexpected shiver crossed over my entire body, and it came carried out of my mouth arising a sigh, me not being able to control it. Reno reacted with a muffled moan.
I kept standing there with my back on him, clenching my teeth all together. What the fuck does he think he’s doing?
The redheaded Turk must have noticed that and lightened a bit his pressure, but didn’t let go. I’d liked that. But I was still very stiff. He slowly pulled me towards his body. I didn’t fight it. Just let yourself go, girl! Trust the man for once! It seemed Tifa was speaking in my head. But how could I? He was with the Turks. He was my declared enemy, the red menace. He was ... breathing on the back of my neck. If they were alive, my two moon tattoos would have shivered in delight by now. I could smell him: smoke and also rum, deadly combination, I say. And his body heat. I frowned. How the fuck to resist that?
- It hurts, you know? Seeing you ... like that, every fucking time! he whispered softly under my very attentive ear. He seemed quite sad and furious at the same time.
- Like what? I succeeded in muttering the two damn words.
- Like not mine!! And I can’t help it.
Reno was biting his down lip in anger and anxiety.
My knees were dipping down. Even so, I couldn’t afford loosing ground, although I was feeling different about it. I tried to be mean, but I couldn’t very well. My lost voice betrayed me.
- Then, maybe you shouldn’t see me at all!
I didn’t really know what the others were doing at that time, but I was feeling like I was uncontrollably leaning into him. And, as he frowned and almost feeling sorry that he spoke his words, I carelessly dropped my glass on the cement floor and grab his back head with my one now free hand, spreading my fingers into his red spiky hair. Damn, I wanted him to be mine, too. He was still holding my left hand into his own, not letting go.
The last image I was able to see on his expression was a mix of surprise, relief and I supposed pleasure followed, as I was already pressing my mouth against his soft warm lips, drowning both of us in that maddening kiss.
- Shit, Cloud can be very over protective, believe me, I know! said Tifa. We’ve already been together like from one year now, I mean really together, you know, and he still feels like it’s his duty as a hero to save everyone from everything. (She giggled a little). But he is a good friend, you know...- Yeah, I do. That’s why I can’t be mad at him. And, nevertheless, how could I ever share with him my reality about Reno? Fuck, only by saying his name makes me shiver. I’m so fucked up. (And then both of us went laughing out loud.)
In that moment the bar door slammed open and Rude (Reno’s partner) came in, not very happy by his looks.
Behind his dark figure, some red shade was starting to form out of the bright light outside, as entering the bar at a low pace, becoming a menace. The RED MENACE!
Fuck, my heart pounded hard. What the fuck was he doing here?
He followed his partner inside the bar just before the door closed by itself behind him. With his head down he was glaring at the cement floor, his face as cold as it.
Rude had spotted me and Tifa sitting at the window table, sipping our drinks, and greeted us by leaning his head forward. Contrary to his redheaded partner, he was a man of very few words...well, at least until he got drunk, anyway. He headed for the bar and silently took a sit in front of Cloud, who was taking Tifa’s place of serving the drinks for today.
- Hey, man, what to drink? said Cloud in a moody but polite voice. He hated the Turks as they were supposed to be like the enemy or something, especially after the various confrontations between ShinRa’s Turks and the Avalanche, a few years ago. Of course the conflicts had been resolved and now it seemed like everything would become ok, working together and stuff.
By the time Rude took his beer, Reno was already inside and lifted his head up towards our table and resting his glance right into my mesmerized eyes. Damn, he was hot! The surprise, and then, the obvious sadness in his deep blue glare made my head dizzy, my heart fucking explode and my right elbow rigidly shifted off the wooden table.
He frowned and I thought I saw a faded grin on the corner of his mouth. Little fucking fox. It also seemed like he was going for a table but he just switched for the bar in time, sitting next to Rude, his back on us.
As I was still apocalyptically mesmerized by his presence , Tifa pushed my other shoulder off the edge of the table and giggled amused:
- Wake up! Now it’s not the time!
I recomposed myself.
The angle he was sitting at the bar, allowed me to see his nice frame. 6 feet tall (1.83m), well balanced, wearing his usual black Turk uniform with a white-grey shirt underneath. It must have been let loose at the first two upper buttons, as usual, though I wasn’t aware of that when he first came in. From the level of his neck, the long red pony-tail was sliding wild over his back, while I was watching with a dribble. I was wondering how he would have looked like without his shirt ....or anything else, of the matter. I must have been loosing my mind!
My revelation suddenly broke with hearing Cloud’s demanding voice over the counter:
- So, Reno?
- Oh, somethin’ strong, yo! Thanks. The RED MENACE said in a low, whispering voice. And no ice, it’s pretty cold here alright! He grinned again.
Jerk!
Not being ironical about it was just not him. I’d rather liked that, it was oddly provocative. I’m so messed up!
- I didn’t ask you about your drink. Cloud responded raising one of his eyebrows.
What are you doing here, “yo”? After last night I thought I made myself very.....
But Tifa was already beside him and stopped what it seemed to become another verbal aggressiveness between the two of them:
- Would you, please stop being so childish about it? There are more important matters to take care of right now. She poured Reno a glass of something, I couldn’t see. And she followed:
- It seems that Vincent found out something pretty strange about Hojo’s some unfinished experiments he wants to carry on with. I’m not very sure, but I think it has to do with the remaining SOLDIERs...
- WHAT!?! Both Cloud and Reno shout out loud at the same time.
You see, as I forgot to tell, Cloud is with SOLDIER, and recently, so am I. SOLDIER is the ultimate fighting force of mercenaries that ShinRa Company had created, but most of them disappeared or rebelled. I am the first female experiment of professor Hojo’s with injecting the alien Jenova’s cells into a human body in order to make it a powerful combat weapon for ShinRa. Or a monster, as some of us would think of it. Me, I think it’s only an improvement of our mortal and vulnerable human bodies. I noticed nothing weird so far, but a strange greater strength and agility out of the ordinary. I believe Hojo is just an old crazy failure of a scientist. But as low as I must think of him, he unquestionably had the power and the resources to create any sort of atrocities it might have cross off his sick mind.
I was starting to worry about it myself.
- Sorry, I hadn’t the chance to tell you this earlier, ‘cause.. well you know why! Tifa whispered to me sheepishly feeling already so bad.
- That’s ok, don’t worry. I said briefly and sit up from my chair, approaching the counter bar myself.
On my way to the bar I took a glance towards my Reno, who, in the heat of the moment, turned to me so fast I couldn’t even perceive it. He wasn’t worried, his face showed the edge of a maddening despair. I almost freaked out at the sight. God, how could he...? Did he....really? ... care so much? About me ... my safety? Fuckin’ shit!!! (who the fuck thought me to use that kind of language, in the first place?)
Only by seeing the terror on his face I realized how big the shit really was. (stop it!).
But he recovered his attitude in an instant. He turned back, facing the bar and for the first time he agreed with Cloud’s expression. But he seemed to have chilled down. Hm, intriguing, the Turk!
I didn’t recall exactly what happened, but Cloud said something like not to worry and that he or we could handle that somehow and not letting ourselves being caught.
- Where the hell is Vincent flying off when you need him the most? Cloud continued and, as if he was suddenly waking up from a dream , he slapped a palm on his forehead and his mako eyes nailed up to Reno’s blue.
The Turks worked for ShinRa, its elite vicious untrusting dogs. If the Turks wanted to find something or someone they would have, especially if that something didn’t want to be found. Reno was a Turk.
- Don’t you dare, dog!!! Cloud hissed at Reno.
- And here we go, again! Tifa sighted.
- Damn it, Strife! I’m so scared! Reno sneered at him with a disgusted grin in the corner of his lips, his hand stretched around his glass. You really lose it, man, yo! And to answer you fuckin’ question.... why the fuck do you think I’m here for? How do you think Vincent “Vampire” Valentine found out about that?
Reno told Vincent? Wow, that’s a first !Ha, ha!
Cloud backed up a little, still very suspicious and said nothing in return.
An uncomfortable silence set down on the bar.
Tifa was looking in Cloud’s eyes, never knowing what to believe. Rude asked for another beer acting like nothing had happened. And I was staring at Reno’s semi profile, as he was half turned towards me, still sited on his bar chair, with his jaw strained, looking down at his drink on the counter. I was still wondering if he truly cared so much.
I saw Tifa getting closer and I opened my mouth:
- Would you, please, pour me some rum? With ice, it’s getting hot in here!
Tifa submitted and I grabbed my new glass in my right hand intending to head over my table at the window.
As I turned right, beside Reno, he silently turned to me too and roughly grabed my wrist of my left hand, strong enough so I kind of spilled half of my precious rum on the bar floor from the sudden stop. He moved so quickly I couldn’t even blink. He was, after all, the fastest of all Turks.
An unexpected shiver crossed over my entire body, and it came carried out of my mouth arising a sigh, me not being able to control it. Reno reacted with a muffled moan.
I kept standing there with my back on him, clenching my teeth all together. What the fuck does he think he’s doing?
The redheaded Turk must have noticed that and lightened a bit his pressure, but didn’t let go. I’d liked that. But I was still very stiff. He slowly pulled me towards his body. I didn’t fight it. Just let yourself go, girl! Trust the man for once! It seemed Tifa was speaking in my head. But how could I? He was with the Turks. He was my declared enemy, the red menace. He was ... breathing on the back of my neck. If they were alive, my two moon tattoos would have shivered in delight by now. I could smell him: smoke and also rum, deadly combination, I say. And his body heat. I frowned. How the fuck to resist that?
- It hurts, you know? Seeing you ... like that, every fucking time! he whispered softly under my very attentive ear. He seemed quite sad and furious at the same time.
- Like what? I succeeded in muttering the two damn words.
- Like not mine!! And I can’t help it.
Reno was biting his down lip in anger and anxiety.
My knees were dipping down. Even so, I couldn’t afford loosing ground, although I was feeling different about it. I tried to be mean, but I couldn’t very well. My lost voice betrayed me.
- Then, maybe you shouldn’t see me at all!
I didn’t really know what the others were doing at that time, but I was feeling like I was uncontrollably leaning into him. And, as he frowned and almost feeling sorry that he spoke his words, I carelessly dropped my glass on the cement floor and grab his back head with my one now free hand, spreading my fingers into his red spiky hair. Damn, I wanted him to be mine, too. He was still holding my left hand into his own, not letting go.
The last image I was able to see on his expression was a mix of surprise, relief and I supposed pleasure followed, as I was already pressing my mouth against his soft warm lips, drowning both of us in that maddening kiss.
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu